POSITION TITLE: Physical Therapist (PT)
REPORTS TO: Clinic and/or Area Manager
Provides patient/resident assessment, care planning, direct treatment and consultation to a general rehab caseload. Participates in the clinical team process. Provides teaching and training to care giver staff. Involvement in clinical program development. Supervises other licensed therapists, assistants, technicians, aides and students as required. In programs with two or more physical therapists/assistants, may provide additional administrative duties as assigned.
May supervise PTs, PTAs, PT Aides, Rehab Techs and/or Rehab Aides and students involved in the program.
* Screens patients/residents.
* Evaluates patients/residents and develops appropriate care plans.
* May perform additional assigned administrative duties such as: assigning and overseeing patient/resident care activities, medical record oversight, assuring execution of physician orders, ordering supplies, etc.
* Under a physicians order, provides direct patient/resident treatment in accordance with an established plan of care. Treatment venue includes one-on-one, supervised and group.
* Contributes to the team meeting and decision-making process as defined by the program.
* Provides consultation and training to patients, residents, families, and care givers.
* Monitors efficiencies on an ongoing basis in collaboration with supervisor.
* Documents activities according to the companys clinical documentation system on a timely basis.
* Demonstrates consistent knowledge and application of Medicare and other reimbursement regulations.
* Communicates effectively with patients/residents, families, care givers, team members, customer and supervisor.
* Promotes positive customer relations.
* Provides appropriate consultation to the facility.
* Participates in clinical program development and implementation.
* Participates in the training and orientation of other staff.
* Participates in census building and marketing activities.
* Demonstrates an ability for continuous new learning to remain current in the field.
* Participates in quality improvement activities.
* Responsible for service and operational excellence of all assigned activities to ensure the delivery of quality services and/or outcomes required to meet or exceed the expectations of those utilizing or impacted by the department.
* Exhibits courtesy, compassion and respect to patients, residents, families, care givers, visitors, physicians, administrators and co-workers.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be involved in the position.
* All of Millennium Rehab & Consulting, Inc.
* Involved with a variety of employees in a geographically dispersed area.
Associated topics: inpatient, lactation, movement therapist, orthopedic, orthopedic therapy, physical, rehab, therapist assistant, therapist outpatient, therapist physical