Sleep Tech/Polysom Technician Needed for PRN Shift, CHI Health Mercy, Corning, IA
1. Provides for the assessment and evaluation of the appropriateness and effectiveness of diagnostic testing based on patients age, cognitive and physical abilities, and/or developmental needs. Is responsible for communication to the physician of pertinent patient data.
2. Initiates and monitors overnight testing procedures in accordance with American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
3. Communicates a professional attitude with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel. Practices strict ethical enforcement of protected medical and employee confidentiality.
4. Assists coordinator with quality assurance programs for the department and makes recommendations as needed.
5. Operates in full compliance with organization s safety program. Responds to all emergency preparedness situations as appropriate. Utilizes standard precaution and assures unit s equipment is ready for safe operation.
6. Performs duties in documented accordance with requirement of all regulating/governing bodies.
7. Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through participation in department meetings, in-service programs and continuing education programs. Fulfills yearly education requirements as stated by policy.
8. May participate in on call rotation for staffing.
Graduate of an AMA approved school of Respiratory Therapy.
Must have a Current Respiratory Care Practitioner Permit in Iowa, License/ Permit must be held in the state you provide services.
Registered as a Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or a Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) required.
Must be a Registered Polysomnographic Technologists with the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (only in an American Academy of Sleep Medicine accredited Sleep Center).
BLS or BLS instructor certification is required upon hire. American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
PALS & ACLS certification
Associated topics: laboratory, medical, medical technologist, mls, sample collection, sterile processing technician, technician iii, technician iv, technologist, toxicology