We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!
This position reports directly to the Assisted Living Director. This position provides nursing assistant care, following established procedure.
In performance of duties, the nursing assistant is entrusted with the following responsibilities:
Participating in active program of assisted living resident care. Assisting in the areas of:
Flexibility to work in both traditional Assisted Living and secure memory support unit.
- Giving food and fluids
- Bowel and bladder care
- Ambulation, transfers and repositioning
- Personal hygiene
- Basic nursing skills appropriate to training and competency demonstration - (vital signs/blood pressure, medication assistance, taking weights)
- Encourage resident participation in activities
- Observes, documents and reports information relating to the resident's condition to the assisted living nurse
- Completes duties according to the appropriate \"shift routine\"
- Observe and report needed repair and service to equipment. Report routine and emergency maintenance needs of the unit according to established procedures.
- Assure the safety and security of patients through the proper use of equipment, safety devices and by knowing the following: fire, safety and disaster procedures.
- Assist in the economical and efficient use of equipment, supplies and human resources on the unit.
- Participates in the SAIDO Learning Program
- Assist and participates in training programs of other nursing assistants
- Complies with approaches identified on the service plan
- Communicate with other department staff, residents and families to coordinate care of residents
- Participate in report at the beginning of the shift and provide the assisted living nurse with any resident concerns
- Participate and follow through with service plans and make suggestions to assisted living nurse for updates of service plans as appropriate
- Provide explanation and offer understanding of daily care to residents and families according to procedures and provide support relating to nursing protocols for care as appropriate
- Seek emergency care from nurse when necessary
- Complete other duties according to applicable procedures for the assigned shift.
- Attends in-service programs and seminars to further professional growth
- Assist and participate in training programs as necessary
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
CUSTOMER SERVICE and PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
In this facility each resident, family member, visitor and co-worker is considered your customer and is vital to the success of our organization.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled. Accurately documents resident care provided. Assures that residents are receiving appropriate care per service plan. Clearly documents changes in condition and communicates any other changes in the plan of care to the assisted living nurse.
- Maintains open channel of communication between nursing and all other departments on campus to facilitate quality patient care. Knows and complies with the Resident Bill of Rights. Responds to requests and comments courteously offering an alternative or solution. Maintains complete confidentiality. Reports resident change in health, physical or mental to supervisor. Keeps registry status current and attends appropriate inservices.
- Complies with department dress code and has a presentable, professional appearance. Assists in keeping resident rooms and living environment neat, comfortable and safe. Keeps nursing station and supply rooms presentable, professional and well organized. Works with other disciplines to maintain high standards of resident care. Complies with established Infection Control and Safety guidelines.
- Actively listens to residents, family members and staff to determine needs and does everything possible to meet those needs in a caring, understanding way. Demonstrates initiative by observing, and responding to assist residents, guests, and co-workers. Answers any call light, responding to any resident who has a
- need. Addresses residents by their preferred name. Assures that residents look their best each and every day. Places resident dignity above their own comfort. Complies with the facility LifeConnect philosophy.
- Panic button / HomeFree watcher response time should be immediate
- Complies with the Safe Patient Handling policy.
1. This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma or the equivalent plus completion and passing the test for an approved Nursing assistant program.
2. Completion and passing the test for an approved Nursing Assistant program in the State. Listed on the State's Health Nursing Assistant Registry.
3. Requires a spirit of cooperation and enthusiasm to create an atmosphere conducive to rehabilitation and growth, as well as the willingness to work and learn under supervision. Good observation skills are required. The position requires the ability to treat patient information confidentially.
4. The individual must be well organized and the ability to understand and show compassion to senior adults is essential.
5. Must be able to communicate (written and verbal) effectively in English with residents, family and staff.
The majority of time is spent between standing and walking. There is considerable amount of bending, stooping and supporting residents. Manual dexterity and keen vision are necessary in use of equipment. May be exposed to unpleasant
conditions and is at risk of exposure to potentially infectious material as part of the routine job functions.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.