Job Description Arconic is currently looking for a Manufacturing Team Coach to join our team in Davenport, IA. Since it opened in 1948, Arconic's Davenport, Iowa Aluminum Facility has been at the forefront of American manufacturing. Arconic is the world's leading producer and manager of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina facilities, and is active in all major aspects of the industry. Arconic serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of Arconic's businesses as a single solution to customers.
Nestled on the banks of the Mississippi River in Iowa, the plant employs 2,400 people and is a focal point of the global aluminum industry, with 25 percent of revenues coming from exports. Through continued modernization, including a $300 million investment over the past decade alone, Davenport has maintained its position as the world's premier aerospace supply plant and is today the hub of Arconic's $3 billion aerospace business.
The Manufacturing Team Coach is accountable for providing leadership and direction to hourly team members to meet business requirements for the efficient production of metal in an Arconic Business Systems (ABS) environment as teams are growing and developing.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
* Under the direction of the Area Manager, the Teams Coach is responsible to ensure a productive and safe environment as well as foster an environment by helping team members learn, grow and develop;
* The Teams Coach should ensure product is made with superior quality, improved recovery, reliable and consistent delivery performance and rapid problem solving;
* Business objectives will be accomplished in accordance with the principles of the Arconic Business System, coaching employees in a manner that moves the organization toward accomplishing the target condition;
* Results can be measured; projects eliminate waste, secure flow, and create a visual factory; and employees demonstrate high levels of engagement as teams develop and grow;
* May also provide process direction and prioritization to craft employees on off-shifts to resolve equipment issues.
* High School diploma or equivalent (GED) from an accredited institution;
* Minimum of 2 years of supervisory/leadership experience;
* This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee;
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
* Associates Degree preferred in engineering, leadership or technical field from an accredited institution;
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment;
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in a union environment;
* Specialized, vocational, or technical training courses.